About the Chief Outkicker

My photo
Dayton, Ohio, United States
I've accused my friends, Jeff and Jonathan, of reaping more out of life's harvest than they deserve. I joke about this with them, but in reality, I am actually the one who has been blessed way beyond what I deserve. I have a wonderful wife who loves the Lord and who loves me. I have three great kids. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that God is my great provider. I have done nothing to deserve the good and wonderful gifts I have been given in this life. I am the one who is "outkicking my coverage" daily. Life is good. I am a teacher (18 years and counting), a husband, and a proud father. Most of all, I am a Christ follower. My desire is to follow Him so closely I am covered in the dirt of his sandals. Follow along as I work on allowing the Spirit of God to help me navigate this blessed life He has given to me.

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Why Am I Blogging?


This is my first blog... ever. I think I might be doing this because my old friend, Jeff, is doing it. I've always admired his writing. Or maybe, I am frustrated with having a lot to say, but few people to listen. I have been accused (mostly by my lovely wife) of talking too much. Maybe it's just a case of out-of-control narcissism. I don't know... but I am excited about having this outlet. Check in every few days to see what pearls of wisdom (acutally it will usually be comedy) I have to share with you.


Grease for peace,


Steve

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to following along. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear you've jumped into the pool (or universe, or whatever the blogosphere actually is), and I'm truly flattered by the shout out! You've been a great source of wisdom & encouragement in my life and I'm sure others will appreciate your words as well.

    ReplyDelete